We are looking for structural ironworkers with prior experience. Employees will be responsible for laying out and erecting structural to build metal structures. Welds and cuts steel, interprets blueprints. Individual will assist other members of our team with installation at different commercial and residential locations. Pay based on experience, minimum age 18 years old. Full time position.
Willing to work 40 + hours and work out of town for extended periods of time.
This position does not have any authority over other personnel or processes not directly related to their current task.
As the liaison between workers and supervisors, the Foreman is the key person in charge of overseeing the completion of the project and as such must be able to see the “big picture” at all times. A keen awareness of materials, expenses, permits, and other regulations, as well as employee safety are all top-of-mind for the Foreman.
General Purpose of the Position:
Good practical skills for using tools, logic and good problem-solving ability, good listening skills and the ability to follow verbal instructions, good physical fitness and agility, a sense of balance and head for heights, an accurate, organized and methodical approach to work, a good team worker, an awareness and respect for health and safety working practices.
• Careful initial planning of the job to be carried out, reading and following erection drawings/plans.
• Using cranes to lift and guide individual steel components into position.
• Knowledge on crane signals
• Accurately aligning and leveling each steel component into place before bolting and welding them into fixed positions
• Using mobile elevated work platforms, ladders, lifts as the structure gains height to access sections off the ground
• Laying metal decking and installing safety railing as the structure is built up
• Health and safety are very important, so strict adherence to safe working practices is essential always.
• 5 or more years of relevant work experience.
• Some supervisory experience.
• This position has the authority to complete and submit forms/reports required on a daily or other regular basis.
• This position has the authority to send employees home if they do not abide by company safety/quality/conduct requirements.
• This position has the authority to recommend employee termination to management for their consideration.