We are looking for structural ironworkers with prior experience. Employees will be responsible for laying out and erecting structural to build metal structures. Welds and cuts steel, interprets blueprints. Individual will assist other members of our team with installation at different commercial and residential locations. Pay based on experience, minimum age 18 years old. Full time position.
Willing to work 40 + hours and work out of town for extended periods of time.
Project Superintendent is responsible for the overall field on all assigned projects, leading a team of installers to ensure that company policies and procedures are met regarding safety, scheduling, quality and customer satisfaction.
General Purpose of the Position:
To provide on-site coordination for all phases of erection and fabrication projects, including coordinating subcontractors, material and equipment, ensuring that specifications are being strictly followed, and work is proceeding on schedule. The Superintendent shall be responsible for scheduling, inspections, quality control, and job site safety.
• Conduct Site specific safety orientation for new workers and plan production so that all work will be done in compliance with established safety regulations.
• Conduct jobsite safety meetings and provide employees with proper instruction on safety requirements
• Ensure that the day-to-day coordination of FSW installers turn out high-quality work that meets the client’s project schedule
• Develop, document and communicate the work plan regarding changes made in the field
• Maintain a thorough understanding of contract documents and FSW Erection Plans to be able to plan ahead and anticipate potential problems before they arise
• Verify safety compliance with all employees, sub-contractors and superintendents; act as primary safety representative in the field and enforce
• Notify association office of safety violations.
• Provide for the protection of the public from steel erection operations.
• Establish credibility among customers, sub crews and everyone you come in contact with by maintaining a fair and trustworthy environment
• Oversee daily reports and document daily pre-task planning with work crews
• Create and implement contingency plans when necessary
• Communicate schedule status, updates and changes to Project Team and Trade Contractors
• Plan, coordinate and manage job site logistics
• Erection and layouts of structural steel, stairs, ornamental and misc. steel.
• Code requirements related to stairs, balconies, etc.
• Commercial/industrial construction field installation.
• Able to locate/mark lines and elevation lines
• Review accidents, supervise correction of unsafe practices and file accident reports
• Secure prompt medical attention for any injured employees
• Ability to identify deficient work and provide resolution. •
• Communicate using the following tools: telephone, written logs, email, computer, digital camera.
• Blueprint reading.
• Physically lift up to 75 lbs.
• Endurance and ability to visit entire job site, including stairs or other elevated structures.
• Monitoring jobsite general health and safety.
• Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service ; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
• Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
• Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
• Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
• Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
• Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
• Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
• Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
• Quantity – Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
• Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
• Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
• Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
• Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
• Initiative – Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed
• This position has authority to set schedules, deploy subordinates to complete specific tasks and to authorize the use of equipment needed to complete the tasks.
• This position has the authority to monitor environmental conditions and to halt work of some or all personnel on the jobsite if conditions so warrant.
• This position has the authority to discipline individual employees for infractions of quality, production, safety, or other unacceptable behavior.
• This position has the authority to halt work if dangerous conditions are observed or reported.
As the liaison between workers and supervisors, the Foreman is the key person in charge of overseeing the completion of the project and as such must be able to see the “big picture” at all times. A keen awareness of materials, expenses, permits, and other regulations, as well as employee safety are all top-of-mind for the Foreman.
General Purpose of the Position:
Good practical skills for using tools, logic and good problem-solving ability, good listening skills and the ability to follow verbal instructions, good physical fitness and agility, a sense of balance and head for heights, an accurate, organized and methodical approach to work, a good team worker, an awareness and respect for health and safety working practices.
• Careful initial planning of the job to be carried out, reading and following erection drawings/plans.
• Using cranes to lift and guide individual steel components into position.
• Knowledge on crane signals
• Accurately aligning and leveling each steel component into place before bolting and welding them into fixed positions
• Using mobile elevated work platforms, ladders, lifts as the structure gains height to access sections off the ground
• Laying metal decking and installing safety railing as the structure is built up
• Health and safety are very important, so strict adherence to safe working practices is essential always.
• 5 or more years of relevant work experience.
• Some supervisory experience.
• This position has the authority to complete and submit forms/reports required on a daily or other regular basis.
• This position has the authority to send employees home if they do not abide by company safety/quality/conduct requirements.
• This position has the authority to recommend employee termination to management for their consideration.