We are looking for structural ironworkers with prior experience. Employees will be responsible for laying out and erecting structural to build metal structures. Welds and cuts steel, interprets blueprints. Individual will assist other members of our team with installation at different commercial and residential locations. Pay based on experience, minimum age 18 years old. Full time position.
- Install iron or steel girders, columns, and other construction materials from blueprints
- Ability to perform layout and set elevations from blueprints
- Repair older infrastructure.
- Erect steel frames.
- Direct operation of cranes to move structural steel, reinforcing bars, and other materials onto and around the construction site.
- Connect steel columns, beams, and girders.
- Drill holes into steel for bolts.
- Unload and stack steel.
- Attach cables to steel and then to the crane.
- Hoist steel into place in the framework.
- Position steel with connecting bars and spud wrenches.
- Work with drift pins to align the holes in the steel with the framework holes.
- Use plumb bobs, levels, and laser equipment to check alignment.
- Bolt or weld piece into place.
- Install stairs, handrails, or curtain walls.
- Make sure all pieces are fitted properly and complete repairs as necessary
Willing to work 40 + hours and work out of town for extended periods of time
- Iron worker: 1 to 2 years
- Certified Welder
- Must be able to pass weld test
CERTIFIED WELDING INSPECTOR
Flawless Steel Welding LLC is seeking a qualified Structural Steel Welding Inspector. We specialize in fabrication and erection for commercial construction projects throughout Colorado.
A structural steel inspector will perform welding and bolting inspections in our shop and on steel structures erected on the construction site. The structural steel welding inspector will be inspecting the structure for conformance with construction plans, specifications, approved drawings, and industry standards. The structural steel welding inspector will communicate his/her findings with the construction management team.
- Perform inspections on structural steel relating to bolting, connections, and welding our shop and on our construction sites according to construction drawings, specs, AWS, and AISC standards.
- Report findings to construction management team
- Climb ladders & operate lifts to perform inspections
- Neatly and accurately complete all required paperwork, including daily reports, test reports and timesheets – in a timely manner
- *CWI (Certified Welding Inspector) certification or ICC Structural Steel & Bolting certification OR the ability to obtain one of these certifications within 6 months of employment based on working knowledge. Will pay for employee certification upon completion.
- Valid driver’s license.
- OSHA 10-hour certificate (can obtain during employment
- Knowledge about welding practices and relevant experience
- Familiarity with Ultrasonic, Magnetic Particle, Liquid Penetrant Testing, & other NDT
- Experience reading and understanding construction documents.
- Work in construction environment ALL months of the year.
- 1+ years related experience
Full Time or Part Time available. Paid mileage or vehicle provided. Flexible hours, Medical Insurance plans w/ company contribution. Testing equipment provided.
Hourly Pay is negotiable.
- Structural Steel or Welding Inspection: 1 year
- Required Education: High school or equivalent
- Required license or certification: CWI or ICC
CONSTRUCTION SAFETY MANAGER
Experienced construction Safety Manager is needed.
Job Duties and Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Develop, implement, and maintain company safety policies and culture
- Monitor, execute, and manage employee safety training and certification, i.e. aerial equipment, first-aid, CPR, etc.
- Monitor, record, report, and discipline employee safety violations
- Execute all safety meetings
- Interface and assist with operational audits and site visits
- Complete, submit, file, and manage safety forms and permits to owners, general contractors, and government bodies, i.e. height permit, OSHA Form 300, etc.
- Ensure posting and human resources compliance
- Engage and manage safety emergencies, accidents, incidents, and near misses. Accompany injured employees to hospital and handle insurance reporting and investigation reports.
- Provide preventive measures to reduce injury, incident, and EMR rates
- Interface with vendors, subcontractors, owners, general contractors, OSHA, and other government bodies to promote safety culture, business development, and company networking
- Assist the CEO, management, and the company on a task-by-task basis
Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum of 5 years of safety experience in Construction field
- Bachelor’s degree in safety management, occupational environmental health and safety, or a related major
- Construction Health and Safety Technician (CHST) or Certified Safety Professional (CSP) is preferred
- Qualified trainer for CPR, First-Aid, and aerial operation
- Familiar with OSHA regulations and OSHA 500 certified
- Self-motivated and independent
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Job Type: Full-time
- Safety: 5 years (Required)